Volunteers Needed Winter/Spring 2018!
Help us 'Box Joy' for at-risk teenage girls and women nationwide. We need weekday help at our (new) warehouse location to wrap, count and prepare gifts for Mother's Day and Graduation Giving!
- Individuals: Simply click here to sign up for a shift - any amount of time you can give is welcome!
- Corporate Volunteers & Groups: Please email Jenni@ProjectGlimmer.org to schedule
New Warehouse Location: 2480 Verna Ct, San Leandro, CA 94577 (off San Leandro BART)
- Bus Directions from San Leandro BART: Walk to San Leandro Blvd/Williams St and take the 75 Bus towards Counterclockwise. Exit at Merced St/Marina Blvd and walk to 2480 Verna Ct (pls check as routes may change).
- Uber/Lyft/Walking Directions from San Leandro BART (1.5 Miles): Head northeast on Thornton St and turn right on San Leandro Blvd. Turn right onto Williams St. Turn left onto Merced St. Turn right onto Marina Blvd. Turn left onto Verna Court (warehouse will be on the left).
BONUS! We've partnered with San Leandro retailers to offer you specials before/after you volunteer with us!
- Sons of Liberty Alehouse: 10% discount, pls note hours and contact Teresa a few days ahead of time (email@example.com)
Because of your time, we're able to inspire thousands of at-risk girls and women across the country by letting her know that you- her community- cares and believes in her. For many, these are the only gifts they will receive and your time and effort to wrap, count and box their gifts is greatly appreciated!
- What to Wear: Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes as you may be standing.
- What to Bring: You’re invited to bring donations for at-risk teenage girls and women in need!
- Clean out your jewelry boxes & closets! We love gently used jewelry, accessories and heat styling tools (blow-dryers, irons)
- New/unopened beauty products, water bottles, notebooks/journals, gift cards