Project Glimmer provides teenage girls and women with beautiful gifts that do not disappoint! We accept jewelry, accessories, heat styling tools, makeup/beauty products and gift cards. Each gift makes every girl feel special, letting her know that someone cares and believes in her. All gifts come with great intention from the community and all are appreciated. We'd love your previously treasured or new unopened items AND you can host a Glimmer Drive!
Host A Glimmer Drive
A "Glimmer Drive" is the collection of new (or like-new) gifts for underserved women and teenage girls - it’s like a toy drive, except Project Glimmer collects jewelry, accessories, heat styling tools, makeup/beauty products, journals, water bottles and gift cards. A Glimmer Drive is a fun way to celebrate the Holidays, Mother's Day, Graduation, Birthdays (or any other time!) with your friends, colleagues and family – and give back to the community at the same time.
Here's how to host your own Glimmer Drive:
- Pick a date, time, and location for your Glimmer Drive.
You can host one at your home, your place of work, a community center, place of worship, or any place that is convenient.
- Send invitations to friends / colleagues / family!
Explain WHY you're hosting a Glimmer Drive (to support women and teenage girls in need!) and WHAT your guests need to do to participate (bring gifts to donate!) Click here for a few visual assets to include in your invite.
- If guests cannot attend or employees forgot to bring a gift, we welcome monetary donations! Donations can be made by check, cash or online. Please ask your employer if they match employee contributions and make DOUBLE the impact!
- Prepare & box up the donation items and send them to Project Glimmer!
Instructions can be found below.
Prepare your donations for delivery!
- For Jewelry: New or gently used; all jewelry should be ready to box as a beautiful gift. If any items are tarnished, please give them a quick polish! Earrings should be delivered in pairs, with backs. Place each item in a Ziploc plastic bag (snack size) to prevent tangling. Please note: If items are broken they will disappoint (e.g. cheap looking jewelry, watches without batteries, earrings without backs, etc.) please donate them to Goodwill.
- For Purses & Handbags: New or gently used; please inspect them to make sure they are in good condition and the interior is clean -- no chewing gum inside, please!
- For Heat Styling Tools: New or gently used; please inspect them to make sure they are in good condition!
- For Makeup, Beauty Products, & Fragrances: Only new, unopened items will be accepted.
- For Gift Cards: Easy! Just slip them into an envelope labeled “Gift Cards.”
Send your donations to Project Glimmer, we accept gifts year-round!
Pier 70, Building #2
San Francisco, CA 94107
If you'd like a charitable donation tax receipt, please complete this form and we will email you a tax receipt after receiving your donation. Thank you very much!